Where is Macon Located?
- Middle Georgia
- 1 hour south of the Atlanta airport
- 2.5 or 3 hours from Georgia Coast & Savannah
What does Macon have to offer?
- City appeal with small town, southern charm
- Rich music history and home of The Allman Brothers, Otis Redding, Jason Aldean, and more
- Thriving downtown community engaged and pursuing further revitalization
What makes Macon unique?
- The Food – Macon is the home of fabulous local restaurants like The Rookery, H&H Restaurant, Ocmulgee Brewery and Oliver’s Bistro.
- The Festival – With over 350,000 Yoshino Cherry Trees, Macon is the home of the International Cherry Blossom Festival
- The Music – Macon celebrates music year-round with annual events like Bragg Jam, Octoberfest, and venues like Society Garden and Hargray Capitol Theater.
- The Architecture – Being one of the few southern cities not burned during the Civil War, Macon has over 6,000 buildings listed on the National Register of Historic Places
“I love Macon! We have so much diversity and I’m very excited about all of the revitalization happening in Downtown Macon. Growing up just outside Atlanta – I really appreciate the small town feel of Macon. I can walk down the street and see people I know, but Downtown Macon also has a city atmosphere. I’m so thankful I chose the Macon Fellows Program!”
– Casey Smith, 2012-2013 Fellows Program Alumni