A group of 25 charter members formally constituted the First Presbyterian Church on June 18, 1826, just three years after the city of Macon was chartered. Since 1858, when the present structure was completed, its spire, soaring 183 feet above the street, has dominated the downtown section of Mulberry Street in Downtown Macon. Today, with a congregation of more than 1,000 members, the church continues to seek God’s blessing and guidance as it works to advance His kingdom through worship and proclamation of the Gospel.
To make disciples in Macon to reach the world for Christ.
Love God, Love Others, and Serve People.
First Presbyterian Church is committed to making disciples in Macon that will reach the world for Christ. This means that we recognize Jesus as the King of every area of our lives! This includes where we live (our home and neighborhoods), where we work (our classroom or office), and where we play (our local gym or baseball field). We long for you to join us as we seek to grow in our Love for God, Love for Others, and Service of the People in whose lives God has placed us.